[Fuller Middle] Message from Fuller Middle School Principal, Jose Duarte

Fuller Middle Announcement fuller at lists.framingham.k12.ma.us
Thu Apr 13 07:52:00 EDT 2017

Message from Fuller Middle School Principal, Jose Duarte

April 12, 2017

Re: Investigation of Reported Threats to 7th Grade Students

Dear Families of Fuller Students:

It came to our attention today that a student in 7th grade allegedly made
threatening statements to students in the grade. Because these statements
were heard by many students across the grade, we felt that communication to
families was important.

Fuller Middle School administrators, guidance counselors, and our School
Resource Officer conducted an investigation based on the information that
was received.  We met with many students to take statements and also with
the alleged aggressor. At this time, we are confident that the correct
steps have been taken to ensure the safety of all students and staff in the
building, and we do not believe there is any threat.  Nevertheless, we
recognize that this kind of incident can be upsetting for students and
their families.

Although we learned about this incident today, our investigation revealed
that this has been ongoing for some time. Please reinforce with your
children how important it is for them to report threats of any kind to an
adult in our school so that the situation can be addressed immediately.

Thank your for your attention, and please feel free to contact us with any
questions about this matter.  The safety of our students and staff is
extremely important to us.

Sincerely yours,

José P. Duarte

Principal, Fuller Middle School