[Fuller Middle] Letter from Fuller Middle School Principal

Fuller Middle Announcement fuller at lists.framingham.k12.ma.us
Mon Apr 10 14:48:25 EDT 2017

Dear students and families,

I trust that you are well as you enjoyed a great weekend and I am sure we
are all looking forward to the week and the wonderful weather predicted.  I
am writing to share with you various updates and news for the weeks ahead:

•           In Just two weeks all students will participate in the MCAS,
the state wide assessment administered to every student in grades 3-10.
The assessment schedule for Fuller students will be as follows:

            English/Language Arts- April 26 & 27, make ups April 28 to May 2

            Math-May 9 & 10, make ups May 11 & 12

            Science/Technology/Engineering-May 16 & 17, make ups May 18 &
19(8th grade only)

•           As most of you know, the district recently hired a new
Superintendent Dr. Robert Tremblay.  I am pleased to share with you that he
has selected the Fuller as the location to conduct his first week long
residency.  During this time he will spend the entire week with us visiting
classrooms to observe classes, meeting with teachers and students,
attending meetings with host with families and eating lunch with the
students.  The purpose of his weeklong residencies at each school is to
give him the opportunity to develop an in-depth knowledge of every school
in the district and begin to work collaboratively with the school to
develop a plan of improvement.  We are looking forward to his visit.

•           I would like to remind all families who drive their students to
school, that the drop off/pick up point is located in the parking lot
between the school building and MassBay College.  I would like to request
that you refrain from dropping off and picking up students in front of the
school.  This area is reserved for buses to ensure the safety of all our
students while buses are being boarded or unloaded.

•           I would like to inform the parents of 8th grade students that
the Moving on Ceremony is scheduled to take place on Monday, 19th of June.
Additional details about the ceremony and class activities will be shared
with you the week after Spring break. Please note that this is a change of
practice from recent years – this is the day BEFORE the last scheduled day
of school for students.

•           Finally, I am pleased to share with you that this past Thursday
I had the pleasure of recognizing approximately two hundred students who
had perfect attendance and/or earned Honor Roll and High Honor distinction
for the second term.  It is always a pleasure to recognize students for
their achievement.  Congratulations to you for supporting them!!!

I thank you for your continued support and wish you a great vacation with
your child.

Jose P. Duarte, Principal

--
Ronald Harvey