[Fuller Info] Girls STEAM Summit - Save the date!

Fuller Information Newsletter fuller at lists.framingham.k12.ma.us
Tue Nov 10 08:56:53 EST 2015

Dear Fuller Families,

Please take a look at the following opportunity:

Good Morning,

My name is Deborah Vogt and I am with  Jr.Tech, Inc., a Massachusetts-based
non-profit that has delivered experiential STEM education programs in
Massachusetts for the past 10 years.   Jr. Tech, in partnership with lead
sponsor, Biogen Foundation, major sponsor, National Grid, and facility
partner, Regis College, is bringing a key initiative to Regis College in
April 2016.  This initiative is a one-day summit called, Girls STEM Summit
– Statewide.  I am writing to ask for your help in spreading the word about
this very worthwhile girls career event in your school community.

The daylong event will be held on Sunday, April 10, 2016 at Regis College
in Weston, MA and its focus is girls in grades 8-12 who are interested in
or curious about careers in the STEM fields.  During the Summit, the girls
will:

• Experience an inspirational keynote speech from a local female leader in
a STEM field
• Meet successful women working as experts in STEM fields, and work
directly with them in hands-on, career-specific workshops
• Expand their knowledge of STEM industries and emerging career paths
• Explore additional STEM fields and interact with STEM professionals and
organizations in a mid-day Exhibit Hall.
• Be inspired to continue taking STEM high school courses applicable to
STEM college degree programs
• Learn about college institutions that offer a wide range of STEM programs

We welcome individual enrollment and schools may reserve a block of seats
for up to 20 students.  The registration fee is $55 per student and
includes all speakers, hands-on sessions, lunch & snacks, giveaways and a
take home gift.  A limited number of scholarships are available.

This Summit model is a proven success and over the past five years Jr.Tech
has delivered seven sold-out Summits at locations including:  Mass Maritime
Academy, WPI, MIT, UMass Lowell and Regis College.  *Traditionally, this
event sells out months before the event date so while the April date is
still many months away I wanted to notify you that registration is open in
the event you have students who would like to consider attending. *

I respectfully request that you share the attached PDF flyer with your
teaching and guidance staff to make them aware of this informative and
worthwhile STEM event as well as sharing it with your community of students
and families.  Perhaps you may choose to share information about the Girls
STEM Summit – Statewide via:

• electronic communication to parents

• post PDF flyer to home page of school websites or a link to our website

• ask Guidance and STEM-related teachers to identify girls with a strong
interest and hand-deliver the flyer

• post the flyer on bulletin boards

• leave a supply of flyers with the STEM teachers as handouts (upon
request, we will deliver a handful of flyers)

Jr. Tech, Biogen Foundation, National Grid and Regis College, are very
excited to host the Girls STEM Summit – Statewide event we greatly
appreciate your support!

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions at 617-512-1794.

Thank you for your consideration.

All my best,

-Deborah Vogt
Jr. Tech, Inc <http://www.juniortech.org>. / Girls STEM Summit
<http://www.juniortech.org/2015/09/girls-stem-summit-statewide-2016/>
617-512-1794
vogtboston at comcast.net
Attachments area
Preview attachment GSS-Statewide-2016-flyer-email.pdf
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=4aa438d199&view=att&th=150f18a455a83620&attid=0.1&disp=safe&realattid=b31215a9f0631ef9_0.1.1&zw>

--
Sharon Seyller
Principal

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail."
Unknown